GOALS Baltimore Rules
- Cleats are NOT allowed on the turf fields, only turf shoes.
- NO ALCOHOL, Tobacco, or illegal substances permitted.
- Swearing, abusive or foul language will NOT be permitted in the facility.
- Do not play ball outside of the dasher boards (game playing fields) or on the outside of the facility.
- Coaches are to provide the balls for practice and the games. (Team balls only.)
- Children must be accompanied by parent/guardian.
- No running or horseplay in the facility.
- No skate shoes, skate boards or roller blades allowed in the facility.
- Players/Teams are responsible for their own trash.
- NO chewing gum – this will damage our court and field.
- There must be a parent/coach to accompany all players under 18 on the field.
- Proper attire is mandatory, including shirt and shoes.
- There is a limit of 3 coaches per team in the bench area during games.
- No drink or food allowed on turf or the court fields.
- Youth players are required to play in their current grade level for each session.
- Play hard and have fun.
- Rosters – Teams may have up to 12 players on their roster. Teams must register online and then submit team rosters to Goals. This will ensure that your waiver of liability is complete and will verify your team roster. Teams will receive a forfeit if using players not on their roster. Rosters are locked prior to the 2nd game. PLAYERS MAY ONLY PLAY FOR ONE TEAM WITHIN THE SAME LEAGUE.
- Uniforms – Teams are responsible for providing their own jerseys/shirts/pinnys. Numbers are recommended but not required. Roster must show color of team when submitted as well as color of flags being worn by the team. If you team needs to purchase flags and belts please contact Jeff at Play it Again Sports 410-418-9371.
- Footballs – Teams are responsible for bringing their own football. Footballs must be regulation high school size or larger.
- Flag belts will not be provided. Clip belts are preferred to be used by the players.
- No metal cleats, turf shoes are recommended.
- Jewelry is not allowed and must be removed prior to play.
- Referee Fees – Referee fees will be paid by each team prior to the start of the game. Fee is $40 per team.
- Game length – Two 24 minute running time halves. 5 minute halftime and no timeouts.
- Field of play – Sidelines are the boards and glass and the net is considered in the field of play. Cones mark the goal line and 5 and 10-yard lines. Balls hitting the net are in play and balls hitting the glass or wall are out of bounds. Balls are playable off the side netting, but not the ceiling. Six players are on the field at one time. Teams must have at least 4 players on the field to begin.
- Start of game – A coin toss by the referee will determine first possession. The receiving team starts at their own 5-yard line.
- Play clock – The offensive team will have 25 seconds to put the ball in play from the moment the ball is spotted and the referee whistles the play ready.
- Line of Scrimmage – The offensive team must have at least 3 players on the line of scrimmage. Ball must be snapped between the center’s legs. All players are eligible receivers.
- Blocking – Blocking (between the shoulders and waist) is allowed only within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage. Players may not use their forearm in a striking motion. No contact is allowed on a defenseless receiver.
- Laterals/pitches – Are not allowed.
- Running – The quarterback may not run the ball when spotted between the defending team’s 5-yard line and the goal line. This includes extra point attempts from the 5-yard line.
- Flag Guarding – Flag guarding is an attempt by the ball carrier to obstruct the defender’s access to the flags by stiff arming, dropping the head, hand, arm or shoulder, or intentionally covering flags with the football or jersey. Diving, leaping or jumping is also considered flag guarding. Spinning and various other types of hip movements to avoid an opponent IS allowed. The penalty is 5 yards from the spot of the foul.
- Receptions – Receivers need 1 foot down with possession for the play to be considered a reception.
- First Downs – Teams have 4 chances to get a first down at midfield, then 4 chances to get a touchdown.
- Punting – There is no punting. Teams may either go for it on fourth down or declare a punt. If a team declares a punt and is short of midfield, the opposing team will start from midfield. If a punt is declared past midfield, the opposing team will start from their own 10-yard line. The location of the punt is based on the spot of the ball at the time of the punt regardless of crossing midfield at any time prior during the offensive series.
- Fumbles – The ball is dead once it hits the ground. There is no ball stripping.
- Penalty Enforcement
- Placement of ball will follow High School Federation rules.
- Delay of game = 5 yards plus the loss of a down
- Unsportsmanlike & roughing = 10 yards plus the loss of a down or automatic first down.
- All other penalties = 5 yards
- Touchdown = 6 points
- *All touchdowns will be followed by an extra point regardless of time expiring.
- Extra point attempt from the 5-yard line = 1 point
- Extra point attempt from the 10-yard line = 2 points
- *If a ball is intercepted during an extra point attempt it can be returned and scored for the value of that conversion attempt.
- Safety = 2 points
- Forfeit = 7 – 0
- Touchdown = 6 points
- Standings Tiebreakers
- Point Differential
- Points For
- Playoff Overtime – Playoff games that are tied at the end of regulation will play overtime. Each team will get one play to get the most yards or a touchdown from the 10 yard line to declare a winner. No timeouts.
- Ejections – Players must leave the facility if ejected. Players may be suspended or expelled from the league based on the referee’s recommendation.
- This is a team league and registration must be completed by a coach.
- The league divisions are designed by the grade of each player. (5th, 6th & 7th)
- All players must provide safety equipment EXCEPT for the box goalie equipment that will be provided by our facility.
- No long poles are permitted in box lacrosse. The maximum stick length is 46 inches and minimum is 38 inches(due to age of the players in this league)
- There is no boarding, no cross checking, and no body checking allowed.
- There is a 35 second shot clock for each possession.
- Teams on the field are 6 v 6 (including goalie)
- There is no offside – all field players run the field
- For most penalties, the offending player must exit the field of play for 2 minutes or the time issued by the referee. The offending team will play down a player and the offending player may enter the game after the assessed penalty has ended. The penalty is releasable after goal is scored.
- If there are excessive or intentional penalties on any player it is up to the referee if that player can continue on the field. This type of penalty will be assessed for 5 minutes to the offending team.
- No fighting – players will be ejected from the game and are eligible for expulsion from the remainder of the league.
- Beginning games and halves are determined by a faceoff as well as when goals are scored. When a team is leading by 5 goals the opposing team will be awarded the ball instead of a faceoff.
- Goal size is 4 feet by 4 feet.
- Substitution is on the fly from the designated box.
- Games are two 20 minute halves with a 5 minute halftime.
- Tiebreakers will be determined by one 5 minute overtime. In the event that the score is still tied, the game will end in a tie after the one overtime period.
- In the event of a tie, head-to-head is used first, then goals against, to determine league standings.
- Teams need to exit the field quickly during league play so the next game can start on time.
- Out of bounds is determined when the ball hits the netting in the facility or deemed by the referee in charge.
- Sportsmanship is to be demonstrated by all players, coaches and fans.
- No abusive or vulgar language will be tolerated in our facility.
- Have fun and play hard.
- Field of play is 6 v 6 (5 field players + 1 goal keeper)
- Must have at least 4 players to start the game or it will be deemed a forfeit.
- Only 2 coaches will be allowed in the bench area. The coach must be responsible for the behavior of their players, fans and assistant coach.
- Cards can be assessed by the referee to address physical play, non- sportsmanship acts either verbal or physical or a violation of the rules of play. The penalty box is located with the team bench.
- The game will consist of two 25 minute halves (running time). Halftime will be 3 minutes long.
- Games must start on time each hour. There is no warm up time.
- Shin guards and mouth pieces are mandatory for all players. The goalie must wear all safety and required items.
- Substitutions are done on the fly from the bench areas. No subs at the time a corner is called until the ball is back into play.
- Legal strokes must be used to push the ball. A push is defined as moving on the ground while the players stick and ball are on the ground. The players may not raise the ball into the air except when shooting on goal. Slap hits are not allowed(dragging of the stick before hitting the ball)
- Long Hits are taken on the spot of the sidelines, 5 yards from the end line.
- During a penalty corner, there are a total of 3 players (including goalie) and all other players must retreat to the midfield line. If a penalty corner has occurred and the time clock has expired the corner penalty shot must occur at this time.
- A goal occurs when the ball crosses the line of the goal area and a shot must take place in the scoring arc.
- The goalie must stay within the scoring arc to keep all goalie rights.
- All defenders must be 5 yards away from the ball on free pushes.
- The ball cannot be lifted off the ground. Except when shooting on goal, but it must be controlled and not seen as dangerous by the referee.
- All calls and decisions by the referee are final and are not be argued.
Men’s soccer league rules and regulations
Roster/Waiver Form must be filled out, signed and turned in before the start of your first game by all players; if a player is not there the first game, they should ask employee at the front desk to make an addition on the roster before they are eligible to play with your team. Guest players are only allowed by permission of the opposing team’s captain.
In the field;
– The away team changes when a jersey color conflict arises. It’s highly recommended to bring two different color jerseys.
– Shin guards ARE required.
– NO offside.
– NO sliding, with or without the ball.
Clarification: A slide will be called when any part of your arm, hand or knee makes contact with the ground.
– NO hands on wall. A foul will be called when players use the wall to protect the ball and or push the opponents.
– Blue card, two-minute suspension. The team may substitute a different player.
– Yellow card, two-minute suspension. The team plays without a player for the duration of suspension. (2) Yellow-cards result in a red-card.
– Red card, team plays short of a player for the rest of the game.
Substitutions are unlimited; there is no stoppage of play for substitutions (except goalie). The players leaving should be completely off the field before substitutes enter. Enter/Exit should be from teams’ respective bench area.
Delay of game – Player has 5 seconds to put the ball in play or the opponents get a chance to play.
– All free kicks are direct.
– Offense may play the ball immediately after spotting the ball. Offense MUST ask for space if they feel appropriate. If offense asks for space they must wait until the whistle to play ball (3 yards will be given when asking for distance). If offense senses that defender is exceeding minimum distance and plays the ball into defender, this will lead to automatic issuing of a card.
– Defenders may set up a wall; player(s) may not stand on top of the ball. A card MAY be issued for exceeding minimum distance (at the referee’s discretion). Minimum distance is primarily 2-3 feet. If a defender is exceeding minimum distance and the offense plays the ball into defender this will result in automatic card.
– Free Kicks/Goal Kicks/Kick Off – The ball must be stationary prior to being kicked.
– Ball hitting ceiling net outside penalty box will result in a direct free kick; Ball hitting the ceiling net within the penalty box will result in direct free kick 3 steps outside of the box.
Penalty kicks – ball placed on penalty spot 2 steps outside of box. Players stand behind the ball.
Pass back to goalie must be inadvertent or from the knee up. Goalie can dribble ball back into goal box and pick it up only when received from an opposing player. Goalie cannot use hands when ball is thrown in from own team.
Forfeits – Game is declared a forfeit when the clock reaches 16 minutes (if the game is on-the-hour we can wait 8 minutes before starting the clock). To start a game, a 4-player minimum (3 + keeper) is required. If a team walks off the field before the game is finished, they forfeit.
The clock will only stop for serious injuries.